"The cherry on top of my Salted Caramel Bananas Foster Cake is Dollop Gourmet’s Sea Salted Caramel Frosting. Its caramelly sweetness is a delightful match to the brown sugar and bananas in the cake while Dollop’s hint of sea salt in the frosting brings the final flavor component to my Bananas Foster cake. I love the added touch of sea salt, as it brings a modern twist to the traditional Bananas Foster dessert, making it sweet, decadent and oh so, craveable!"
Health conscious Alyssa is the dearest. If she were to make her own frosting she says she would use the same ingredients that are in Dollop's spreads. That's how much she approves of the quality and nutritional value of our spreads over traditional store-bought frostings. Lucky for her, we saved her the trouble of shopping for al the ingredients and attempting to get the right consistency of frosting. It's not as easy as it looks!
Before you read the recipe below, head over to our products and order your very own sea salted caramel frosting so that you can make this recipe ASAP!
Time To Make Your Own Bananas Foster with Dollop Gourmet
1 hour 5 mins
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 jar Dollop Gourmet's Salted Caramel Frosting
- caramel sauce, optional for serving
- Preheat the over to 350*
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan with a bit of butter and set aside
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- In a larger mixer, cream the softened butter for 1-2 minutes
- Add in the brown sugar and beat until creamy
- One at a time, add in the eggs
- Once well incorporated, add in both the vanilla and rum extract
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix well
- Next add in the flour and milk to the batter, alternating each addition
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9x13 inch pan
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a cake pin inserted into the center comes out clean
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, ice with Dollop frosting
- To serve, slice the cake and drizzle with caramel sauce