Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Starring Donald the Dog
Exactly one year ago, I contemplated getting a dog. But the uncertainty and hesitation was holding me back. I even blogged
about it asking for your advice. And then blogged
about it again.
And then one day, I walked into my local animal shelter, and there he was, sitting there all forlorn. He was The One
, I exclaimed!
And now, a year later, we celebrate our anniversary by baking Peanut Butter Banana cookies together.
Peanut Butter Banana Doggie Cookies with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 12 - 14
For the Frosting:
2 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup blueberries
1. Mix the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Add the honey and continue mixing.
2. Add the mashed blueberries and mix until combined. Chill in fridge until time to frost the cookies.
For the Cookies:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 banana, mashed
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix the mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, and egg in a bowl until combined.
2. Add the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a dough. Scoop tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and press each down slightly with a fork. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until the tops just begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Frost with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.