Dollop Gourmet Exhibits at the Summer Fancy Food Show 2015
June 25, 2015
I really wanted to write this post as a deep, meaningful ode to what it means to me to exhibit at the Summer Fancy Food Show
in NYC this weekend. Because it means a lot. A whole lot. And I’m not just referring to money. (Although yes, I’m also referring to money. $$$$.) But it’s Thursday afternoon, I still have packing to do, supplies to purchase, frosting to develop, emails to send, and I’m tired. The half bottle of wine last night probably didn’t help. Nor did the Negroni before that. Nor the chocolate cake… And now in order to stay on track with hitting the road tomorrow at noon, I’ll substitute a deep, meaningful post with this short bulleted list.
- Tomorrow I’m driving to NYC! Ok fine, I’m driving to NJ. But…
- Saturday I’m driving to NYC! Saturday begins the event festivities that are the Summer Fancy Food Show. I’ll arrive to Javits Center, unload my car, and attend a morning of meetings with potential buyers and distributors. And then…
- Saturday afternoon I’ll start building and banging out what is to become my 10 x 10 high priced real estate of the one and only Dollop Gourmet. At booth’s completion I’ll hightail it back to Jersey for a drink and a restful night. Because…
- Sunday morning at 9:30am, the show begins! Thousands of industry insiders will walk the floor between 9:30am and 5pm. They’ll taste oodles of frosting and we’ll talk and chat and laugh and have all kinds of fun. And then…
- Monday we do it all over again! And then…
- I think there are some parties thrown in there somewhere. Also meetings, lots of food sampling, networking, learning, and hopefully above all else… Sales.
If you're reading this and you'll be attending the Fancy Food Show, please come visit myself and my team at Booth #5141 in the North Hall!
Now here’s the deep, meaningful part (I couldn’t not): I’m nervous. Anxious. Excited. My mind is swirling with to-do lists, what-if lists, and did-I-remember lists. This is a big deal. Exhibiting at any show is a big deal but this, the Summer Fancy Food Show, my first
food show with Dollop Gourmet, feels like the biggest deal. And although I’m scared, and nervous, and anxious, above all else I’m just excited and exhilarated by the adventure and opportunity that lies before Dollop Gourmet this weekend. Opportunity is out there. It’s always out there. Opportunity for success, growth, happiness, anything. It might cost a lot of money. It might take humility in asking for a lot of help. It might mean stepping bravely or even pseudo bravely into the unknown. But what it does mean is possibility. Possibility of success. Possibility of meeting that one key mentor or investor. Possibility of personal growth. Possibility of adventure. Possibility of sheer delight! I’ve always been driven to look for opportunities. Because when you look for opportunities, you’ll find possibilities. And with possibilities come dreams. Dreams that come true. ♥ Heather Follow the adventure! I'll be regularly posting on Twitter
, and Facebook
so make sure to follow Dollop Gourmet and join in the conversation!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.